Jul 26, 2013

Giving Hope to the Little Ones & Their Families

I came across this as I was searching for an email. This note came from a great individual we had reached out to while preparing for Snowball last year. Such a nice reminder why we work so hard to support the cause!
"Last year, my family was faced with the challenging news of my 11 month old niece being diagnosed with Neuroblastoma Cancer (2 weeks before her 1st birthday)!  She had a tumor in her neck the size of a grapefruit!  With the incredible knowledge and support from the doctors / staff at Children’s Memorial, my niece is now on her way to 100% recovery after many tests, multiple chemo treatments and smiles / encouragement of the wonderful people there.  The tumor is the size of a bean and she continues to have her regularly scheduled checkups.  I am grateful for people like you and organizations such as this that help the people of Chicago and beyond understand how Children’s Memorial continues to give hope to the little ones and their families!"

No comments:

Post a Comment